Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2012

I am really excited for next year. Tim Burton's back, there's a new Batman movie, a heap load of horror, and so much more awesomeness coming out this new year. Maybe it's because we all need to watch the greatness before the world ends, but either way this year is going to be super sweet for cinema and I don't think I will be able to hide my excitement for much longer! Expect me to start jumping off the walls come a few weeks from now when Beauty and the Beast is re-released into theaters :)

But without further hesitation, here is my top 10 most anticipated of 2012. For the record, I did not allow myself to count re-releases :D

10. Django Unchained


I'm kind of excited for the Civil War version of Inglorious Bastards. Though I suppose it's not to original for Tarantino (because this does really sound so much the former). However, it's interesting enough to get MY attention :D And I cannot wait to see this next Christmas.

9. The Great Gatsby


This is one of my favorite high school books I had to read for some English class. Actually, it could quite possibly be the only other one I enjoyed aside from Pride and Prejudice. I'm excited to see Baz Luhrmann's take on it. I feel like he's a really capable director for a project like this one. The pictures so far tell me that it looks fabulous, now I just hope the direction and acting are as well :D As well as the adaptation. I'm also quite interested that Leo DeCaprio is coming out with 2 movies around Christmas weekend (he's also in Django Unchained).

8. Dark Shadows


3 words: Johnny Depp Producer. He already has a good track record with Hugo, so I cannot say he's a bad producer yet. Add Chloe Moretz and Michelle Pfeiffer to the rest of the Burton crew, and I'm getting antsy just thinking about all the great acting possibilities :D. I really need to start watching the show if I want to finish by summer :).

7. Lincoln


How can I not be excited for a movie about my favorite president?? And it's directed by Spielberg and Daniel Day Lewis is the ever awesome Lincoln? It's like someone dissected my mind and decided to make awesome this year. This movie cannot come out soon enough, and you bet I shall be looking for a trailer. I'm surprised no one has done this yet.

6. The Cabin in the Woods


I've waited for forever for this movie I feel, and finally it's almost here! So close, yet so far away. Thank you Lionsgate for knowing how to advertise a horror movie correctly. I bow down to you for finally getting this movie in theaters so I can go and see it on the big silver screen :). Hopefully this movie fulfills my love for horror like it promises.

5. Paranorman


Laika stop motion? Are you kidding me? Of course I'm excited for this, you'd have to not know me at all if you thought so. Go read my blog about The Nightmare Before Christmas on my tumblr. I love stop motion, it's the best kind of art form. Gore-tastic.

4. The Dark Knight Rises


Who isn't excited for this one? Do I really have to say any more? I could ask more rhetorical questions, but at this point I think you get the picture.

3. The Hunger Games


Upon knowing these were going to be made into films, I read the trilogy in August before school started. And was I blown away. 5 days it took me to read the three books, and they are excellent, very on par with Harry Potter. Hopefully the movies are too. Unlike many, I was very excited about ALL the casting, and the director seems good too. The trailer as it stands is so perfect to the book, it's just how I imagined it. I love it when that happens. Mark my words, if you have not read these books, you will regret not doing so after seeing this awesomeness. I just hope Lionsgate doesn't mess this up, but I have faith in them.

2. Prometheus


The trailer for this movie is remarkable. Please, try telling me with a straight face that you are not impressed by the editing in this trailer. It's one of the best I've ever seen. Not only that, but it's an alien movie. Duh, I am excited.

1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey


Let me inform you about a little marathon I hold twice a year. After every semester has passed, I sit down with my boyfriend to watch LOTR. Hands down, those are the greatest movies to grace the silver screen. They have absolutely everything -- action, fantasy, story, character, romance, war, lightness, darkness, etc etc. Perfect films. I expect no less for The Hobbit Part 1. This one with either be the best movie of the year, or the biggest disappointment to date. Maybe I'm crazy, but if you don't think all the things I've stated above about LOTR, then you know nothing of greatness. Absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment