Thursday, April 28, 2011

Harry Potter 7 pt 1 Blu-Ray: Maximum Movie Mode



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 Blu-Ray: Maximum Movie Mode
(Movie Rating: 4.5/5)

The Maximum Movie Mode option on the 7th movie's blu-ray is fantastic, awesome, super sweet...pretty much I can't stop thinking about how awesome it is.
This movie mode is a little like extreme commentary. I for one, love commentary like a fool. Maybe it's the little movie major in me, but I enjoy hearing directors, actors, producers, production designers, anyone pretty much discuss movies as I'm watching it. It makes me feel like I'm getting the most out of the story, and plus it's always fun to learn little trivial facts that I can bring up in conversations.
The main commentator in this very special movie mode is the actor who plays Lucius Malfoy (Jason Isaacs). Personally, it feels like they chose the best man to do the job. His knowledge of the series is phenomenal, and it doesn't hurt that he has a nice voice and he's not bad looking.
They talk about a strand of interesting things. When Jason Isaacs is on the screen, he mainly discusses how characters are feeling, the time line of the films (and books), and sometimes special effects. Other things they discuss are the origins of the horcruxes, behind the scenes features, deleted/edited scenes, blood/gore makeup, and the overall production of the movie. Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) also occasionally reads passages from the actual book <3.
In all, the discussing of past events is sometimes tedious as a reader of the books (and I reread them a lot), but those scenes are fantastic for those who don't read the books at all (which is a tragedy and you should go pick them up now, I don't care who you are).
Either way, if and when you get a blu-ray player, you must watch this movie in maximum movie mode :) it's pretty much a must for any die-hard harry potter fan, whether it be just the movies or both film and books.

I should also mention I did this post kind of in the excitement of the Deathly Hallows pt 2 trailer hitting the internet :D It's fabulous. Watch it now:




No comments:

Post a Comment